Pepperstone is a well-known forex/CFD broker, regulated by esteemed authorities like the FCA, BaFin, and ASIC. The account setup process is straightforward and can be undergone from the comfort of your home. On top of this, The broker offers very competitive customer support.
Since you are here, Pepperstone must have caught your interest. But it’s natural to be uncertain about whether this is for you with so many options out there. Fear not, this review will give you an overview of the trading platform’s features, the broker’s strengths, as well as its limitations and you’ll be able to decide for yourself if this is the right broker for you.
Pepperstone Pros & Cons
- Smooth and free-of-charge deposits/withdrawals
- Swift and completely digital account opening process
- Exceptional customer support
- Pepperstone’s combination of MetaTrader and cTrader is an ideal match for algorithmic traders and those interested in copy trading
- It provides traders with a continuously expanding array of tradable markets
- Pepperstone offers various platform add-ons that add to the value of the platform
- The broker provides access to several social copy trading platforms
- Lacks interactive courses and educational quizzes
- Doesn’t offer direct ownership of stocks; only CFD positions
- Trading on a demo account is free for just one month
Where Pepperstone Shines
- Innovative Features: Pepperstone provides various Smart Trader Tools plugins that can be added to MetaTrader accounts. It also offers access to API trading, Autochartist, and Capitalise.ai. When it comes to social copy trading, Pepperstone offers DupliTrade for cTrader and myFxbook for MetaTrader.
- Establishment and Reach: Each day, the broker handles an average of US$12.55 billion in trades, making it one of the world’s largest brokers. Also, it’s regulated by CYSEC, FCA, ASIC, DFSA, BAFIN, and CMA.
- Additional Benefits: Pepperstone offers a demo account, in which you can test the platform’s functionality and familiarize yourself with it before you risk your money. Also, you get to enjoy webinars, educational content, and tutorial videos from its MetaTrader 4 Course. Last, beginner traders will appreciate the trading glossary that will familiarize them with related terms and expressions.
Where Pepperstone Falls Short
- Limited Service: Lacks two-step verification login process, Touch/Face ID login, and price alerts.
- Limited Selection: There is no way to buy stocks and cryptocurrencies directly, but only through CFDs. Also, in some jurisdictions, there is a restriction on crypto trading for non-professional traders.
What is Pepperstone Best For?
Pepperstone excels in providing a diverse range of tradable markets through CFDs and offering multiple social copy trading platforms. It’s going to offer the most value to forex traders because that’s where it has mainly focused its efforts. On top of that, it’s known as a relatively low-fee brokerage platform and is also suitable for not-so-active traders since it doesn’t charge any inactivity fees.
Pepperstone is also available to their Muslim clients, who are looking to start an account which swap-free & is in accordance to the Sharia law.
|Minimum Trade Size
|Edge Razor Account
|0.01 (micro lot)
|0.8 pips + $7 per lot
|Edge Standard Account
|0.01 (micro lot)
|Edge Swap Free Account
|0.01 (micro lot)
Pepperstone at a Glance
|Minimum trade [5 stars]
|A minimum of 0.01 lots trading size.
|Trading and transaction fees [4 stars]
|There are no commissions on trades executed via the Standard account; however, a 1 pip markup is applied to raw spreads.
|Number of cryptocurrencies [2 stars]
|Over 20 of the most widely traded Crypto CFDs.
|Crypto-to-crypto trading pairs [1 stars]
|Website transparency [5 stars]
|Detailed information on the fees applicable for every platform type
|Storage and security [1 stars]
|CFD Crypto trading supported only; no direct ownership of tokens
|Staking and rewards [1 stars]
|Mobile app [5 stars]
|Numerous useful features and as efficient as the desktop and browser editions of the platform.
|Customer service [5 starts]
|24/5 support in several languages
- Minimum trade: 5 out of 5 stars
With Pepperstone, there is a minimum of 0.01 lots trading size to be able to trade and no minimum deposit size.
- Trading and transaction fees: 4 out of 5 stars
If you go with the Standard account type, you will not get charged any commissions on your trades. Just keep in mind that 1 pip markup will be applied to raw spreads. Relatively to other brokers, Pepperstone seems to be a cheap alternative.
- Number of cryptocurrencies: 2 out of 5 stars
Pepperstone states that has more than 20 cryptocurrencies available for CFD trading. It makes sense that given the focus on forex trading, this broker wouldn’t have invested so much into being able to offer a broader selection.
- Crypto-to-crypto trading pairs: 1 out of 5 stars
Pepperstone doesn’t support crypto-to-crypto trading.
- Website transparency: 5 out of 5 stars
It’s pleasant to see that Pepperstone has great clarity when it comes to both the fees that it charges and the protection it offers to your funds. When it comes to the latter, the broker has a page dedicated to explaining what happens to your money if the broker goes into liquidation, who regulates it, where they keep your money, etc.
- Storage and security: 1 out of 5 stars
The broker offers crypto trading through CFDs so there are no token storage methods available.
- Staking and rewards: 1 out of 5 stars
It makes sense that since this is a CFD broker only offering a couple of dozen cryptocurrencies, staking wouldn’t be available.
- Mobile app: 5 out of 5 stars
The app’s design and functionality seem to have an above-average quality to them. It stands out for its intuitive navigation, making it accessible to beginner traders. It offers a plethora of valuable trading features and is equally efficient as the platform’s desktop and browser versions.You are going to be able to choose between the usual Market, Limit, Stop, Good ’til canceled, and Good ’til time orders. One downside, however, is that there is no way to set price alerts so you are going to have to rely on third-party applications for that.
- Customer support options: 5 out of 5 stars
Pepperstone can be reached through live chat, phone, and email. While many brokers may be more proficient in one communication channel than others, this one manages to provide high-quality support equally through all channels.
The live chat can provide you with accurate and fast answers and it’s a good thing that each chat session ends with requesting your feedback and the opportunity to rate the support you received in order to help them keep getting better. Phone support is equally commendable as an agent is likely to connect with you fast in order to help you with your inquiry. The same goes for email; you can expect to receive an answer to your query in a few hours, accompanied by any necessary explanation and relevant links to sources that can help you further.
Other Pepperstone Features You Should Know
Pepperstone also offers copy trading, a relatively new concept in the financial world that allows individuals, even those with limited market knowledge, to participate in trading in a passive manner. It involves mirroring the trading strategies and actions of other traders, often more experienced than you. When you engage in copy trading, Pepperstone automatically replicates the chosen trader’s trades in your own trading account in real time. This enables you to benefit from their expertise without needing to make trading decisions yourself. It’s a form of social trading that democratizes the investment landscape, as beginners can emulate the strategies of professionals.
Best Forex brokers in Australia
|Visit Site Read Review
CFD Service. Your capital is at risk
|Visit Site Read Review
Conclusion: Is Pepperstone Right for You?
In conclusion, Pepperstone is a reputable forex/CFD broker that caters well to both beginners and experienced traders. It’s regulated by authorities like FCA, BaFin, and ASIC, thus providing a sense of assurance in having your money invested through this broker. Additionally, its transparency regarding regulations, fund safety, and fees is likely to be appreciated by anyone who is not familiar with it.
If you are into algorithmic trading, copy trading, or you just need a reliable forex broker with low trading fees and no inactivity penalty ones, Pepperstone can y be a good choice.
No reviews yet