Plus500 serves as a platform for trading Contracts for Difference (CFDs) across various asset classes. Established in Israel in 2008, the company operates under the regulation of internationally acknowledged regulatory bodies, such as the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC), CySEC, and Plus500UK Ltd, which holds authorization and regulation by the FCA.
Considering the multitude of choices available, it’s understandable to feel unsure about whether this broker is right for you. That’s where we come in. This article aims to provide a comprehensive outline of the platform’s features in order to help you gain insight into its suitability. We’ll also outline its advantages, as well as where it falls short.
Make sure to read this review till the end and you’ll have the information needed to make an informed decision before you open an account and start trading.
Plus500 Pros & Cons
- Competitive customer assistance and 24/7 availability
- Relatively simple account opening process
- User-friendly platform
- Contrary to other brokers, it doesn’t charge you an inactivity fee unless you don’t log in for a period of time; other brokers require you to keep trading to avoid such fees
- Doesn’t charge a withdrawal or deposit fee
- Minimum deposit to get started is relatively low at $100
- You can deposit via debit/credit card
- Two-step verification process to login
- An interactive chart is available
- Demo account available
- Limited Range of Cryptocurrencies
- Experienced traders may not find the research tools adequate, forcing them to rely on third-party ones
- Lack of accessible fundamental data
- There is no option to receive support through phone
- Contrary to other platforms, beginners will not find any webinars to help them in their learning journey
- The platform is unavailable in the United States and Canada
Where Plus500 Shines
- Innovative Features: On the Web-Trader platform, Plus500 users have the ability to display as many as 9 charts concurrently. To activate the Multiple Charts feature within the web trading interface, just locate the button featuring four quadrants on the chart’s toolbar.
- Establishment and Reach: The broker is well-established boasting an active customer base exceeding 430,000 traders, as of the year 2020.
- Additional Benefits: Plus500 stands out by not imposing inactivity fees unless an extended period of non-login occurs, setting it apart from other brokers. Also, it only requires a deposit of $100 from those interested to open an account and begin trading; and funding options include the use of debit/credit cards.
Where Plus500 Falls Short
- Limited Service: Similar to other CFD brokers, Plus500 does not serve U.S. traders. However, the company has introduced a novel platform named TradeSniper, designed explicitly for futures trading which is accessible to traders based in the United States.
- Limited Selection: The broker is mostly focused on providing the most value to forex traders and for that reason its crypto selection may be underwhelming for those interested in this type of trading.
What is Plus500 Best For?
Plus500 is best for forex trading. It is definitely useful for all individuals interested in trading a wide range of financial instruments through Contracts for Difference (CFDs). But the platform has established itself as mostly strong in the forex brokerage market. Since it doesn’t offer direct exposure to other asset classes like stocks, commodities, index funds, and cryptocurrencies, but only through CFDs, it’s best used by those who are mainly interested in forex.
Plus500 at a Glance
|Trading and transaction fees||Average spread fees and inactivity $10 per month fees after 3 months of not logging into your account|
|Number of cryptocurrencies||19|
|Crypto-to-crypto trading pairs||Not Supported|
|Website transparency||Lots of information on the company’s background, regulations, fund protection, and fees|
|Storage and security||None because of CFD exposure to crypto; no tokens|
|Staking and rewards||Not Supported|
|Mobile app||User-friendly that caters to both advanced and beginner traders|
|Customer service||24/7, but lacks telephone support|
- Minimum trade: 5 out of 5 stars
There is no minimum trade size with Plus500 and it, therefore, deserves 5 stars here.
- Trading and transaction fees: 4 out of 5 stars
Trading fees are average with this broker, but they can be more competitive when it comes to some instruments than others, but bear in mind that as fees are incorporated into the spreads, they are subject to change.
- Number of cryptocurrencies: 2 out of 5 stars
The broker offers a good number of prominent cryptos. However, if you are looking for a more vast catalog, a crypto exchange may be more appropriate.
- Crypto-to-crypto trading pairs: 1 out of 5 stars
Plus500 doesn’t support crypto-to-crypto trading.
- Website transparency: 5 out of 5 stars
Whether you want to take a peek into the fees, regulations, fund protection, or the history of the company, its website can provide all this information through the respective pages.
- Storage and security: 1 out of 5 stars
With, Plus500, you don’t own tokes when you engage in crypto trading. You get exposure through CFDs. For this reason, there is no option for token storage.
- Staking and rewards: 1 out of 5 stars
Not available, but because of the reason we offered above, it was to be expected.
- Mobile app: 5 out of 5 stars
The mobile app of Plus500 closely resembles its web counterpart, offering identical functionalities; consistent order types and options for notifications. It offers a user-friendly interface, ensuring a smooth and enjoyable experience, even for those who are completely new to CFD trading.
This broker primarily facilitates trading in CFDs related to forex, stock indices, individual stocks, commodities, and cryptocurrencies. However, it’s worth noting that certain widely traded assets such as ETFs and options are not offered on the platform. With that being said, futures trading is available for US citizens via the Plus500 Futures platform.
- Customer support options: 5 out of 5 stars
Plus500 boasts excellent customer support that is accessible round the clock. Their live chat and email assistance are both prompt and dependable.You have the option to get in touch with customer service through live chat, WhatsApp, and email. While phone support is not available, there is a built-in Contact Us page that you can utilize for inquiries.
It’s worth noting that email support can be very fast (in just a few hours), so it’s up there with live chat if for some reason you cannot get a hold of a representative soon enough.
Other Plus500 Features You Should Know
Users can set up alerts and notifications for price movements, enabling them to stay updated on the markets even when they’re not actively using the platform. Additionally, inside Webtrader, there is a feature called +Insights, a tool focused on trend exploration, which allows users to delve into predetermined metrics such as “greatest short-selling activity,” “highest purchase activity,” “most unprofitable positions,” and “most profitable positions,” among others.
Conclusion: Is Plus500 Right for You?
Renowned for its excellent trading platform, cost-effectiveness, and engaging mobile trading app, Plus500 stands as a respected CFD broker in the online realm. If you’re interested in opening an account, just keep in mind that this broker provides the most value to forex traders. If you are into crypto trading and are mainly attracted to the concept of trading more than the usual well-established cryptocurrencies, Plus500 will not be of use. Since you only trade crypto CFDs, you cannot buy tokens either.
All in all, with an extensive array of 2500 financial instruments, traders benefit from features like negative balance protection and dependable customer support. However, Plus500’s educational resources and research tools fall below par in comparison. Therefore, even though both beginners and experienced traders may find this broker useful, it’s recommended that they rely on third-party educational materials and research platforms.
No reviews yet